Custom Microfluidic Devices
Dolomite Microfluidics is a leading provider of custom microfluidic devices. Our dedicated prototyping team has extensive expertise in microfluidic applications, we employ the best designers & engineers in the industry, and have state of the art manufacturing facilities. This allows us to offer quick and innovative solutions to the most complex challenges.
We have the expertise and capabilities to rapidly produce prototypes of complex microfluidic devices using many different materials and fabrication techniques. From single prototypes to larger volumes, we will work with you to find the right solution for your application.
Lee Jeffries, Managing Director
Custom microfluidic devices – from an idea to a prototype in less than 6 weeks!
We can prototype many different types of devices such as microfluidic chips, connectors, pumping solutions, accessories and other devices; and have a large background IP portfolio in microfluidics technology. We understand that helping you find the best solution for your application, quality and performance of devices as well as fast delivery times are important.
We will work with you to:
- Understand your application and use 3D CAD and flow modelling tools to confirm the design before fabrication
- Help optimize your own designs
- Help select the best fabrication process, materials, coatings, connections and pumping solutions
- Suggest design improvements so you can achieve optimum device performance
- Performance test the device to make sure you receive the highest quality device
- Deliver to you within 6-8 weeks, faster if possible
- Wide range of channel depths: 100 nm to 1 mm
- Channel widths from 3 µm to any width
- Complex geometries, multi-layer devices, multiple channel profiles
- Variety of surface coatings such as hydrophobic, fluorophilic
- Glass or quartz (other materials available)
- Selection of deposited layers eg platinum or gold
- Hybrid devices eg intergration of sensors, RTDs, mirrors, electrodes
Dolomite offers a wide range of standard microfluidic connectors and interfaces for reliable and efficient connections between microfluidic chips and tubing as well as two bundles of tubing. All of our Multiflux® Connectors and Interfaces can be customized in a number of ways (eg enable high pressure or high temperature) and can be used with your own microfluidic devices and systems.
Microscopes and Cameras
Dolomite offers off-the-shelf imaging solutions which can be easily customized to your exact requirements.
Often applications such as controlled microreactions and droplet microfluidics require keeping samples at certain temperatures. Our selection of standard temperature controllers can be customized to hold various types of chips.