Polymer Particle Synthesis
Our Polymer Particle Synthesis Systems allow drug encapsulation and production of highly monodisperse micro- and nanoparticles from materials such as PLGA, PEG, PVC, silica, liposomes, and many more. The systems use Dolomite’s extensive range of high quality glass chips to precisely make particles with specific diameters with minimum size dispersion.
- Encapsulate content in polymer particles
- Wide range of particle sizes ranging from nm to 250 µm
- Highly monodisperse particles with CV values as low as 1 %
- Production rate of up to 5 kg/per day
- Batch to batch reproducibility
- Excellent control of size, shape and morphology of particles
- Flexible systems for easy scale-up
Dolomite Polymer Particle Synthesis Systems are ideal for manufacturing polymer particles for either research or production (up to tonnes per month).
Compared to traditional batch particle synthesis methods, the microfluidic approach offers superior control over the size, shape and morphology of the particles as well as greater particle yields and narrower size distribution. The Polymer Particle Synthesis Systems enable scientists to use either a flow focusing and droplet method or a high shear micromixing method for making particles. Depending on the required particle size and production rate, users can select the right glass chip and configuration.
All the systems are modular and include all the pumps, connectors, chips and accessories required to quickly and easily start producing polymer particles.The Mitos P-Pumps deliver ultra-smooth flow of reagent into a chip. The wide range of chips offered by Dolomite enable various techniques for particle synthesis (micromixing, flow focusing, etc...). Chips can be changed seamlessly in seconds, without the need for tools, to get the right channel size for the right particle size. The Production System includes Telos® slices and is ideal for those looking to scale-up to manufacture.
- Tighter particle size distributions
- Reduced reagent consumption
- Better mixing efficiency
- Modular scalability: produce few milligram samples for research purpose or up to a tonne of highly monodisperse droplets a month for production.
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Tool-free, easy to set up and quick to use
- Particle production - PLGA, PEGDA, gelatine, alginate, polystyrene, agarose and many more
- Drug formulation
- Controlled drug release and targeted drug delivery
- Diagnostic tests and assays
- Biomolecular sensing
- Cellular imaging
Read our Applications Pages for more information about particle production methods and benefits of continuous flow production vs traditional methods for polymer particle production.
Dolomite is a licensee of Japan Science and Technology Agency ("JST") under JST's microdroplet generation technology. This enables our customers to purchase and use our droplet chips for R&D purposes without any restriction from this comprehensive IP family.
- Monodispersity of droplets: extremely monodisperse (CV down to 1%)
- Samples volumes: from 0.5 mL to several L
- Chemical resistance: very high (wetted materials: PEEK, PTFE and glass)
- Pump pressure range: 0-10 bar
- Flow rate range: from 5 nL/min to >100 mL/min (depending on pressure, viscosity and flow resistance)
- Droplet generation frequency: typically up to 10 kHz for a standard system and 500 kHz for a production system (depending on reagents and droplet sizes)
- Droplet size: typically from 100s nm to 250 µm (depending on chip)