The advanced Dolomite Double Emulsion Systems give users the possibility to generate highly monodisperse water-in-oil-in-water (w/o/w) or oil-in-water-in-oil (o/w/o) droplets. The versatile systems can be set-up for a one-step or a two-step double emulsion process, depending on the application. They allow precise control over droplet size, production rate, as well as volume ratios of inner and outer droplets.
- Reproducible and consistent production of double emulsions
- Highly monodispersed droplets
- Flexible system suitable for generating both w/o/w and o/w/o double emulsions in various sizes
- One-step or two-step process achievable on the same system
- Easy to set up and use
- Modular to suit your application
See our dedicated Applications webpage to learn more about Double Emulsions.
Making Double Emulsions is an advanced microfluidic application that requires the droplet forming flow channels to have both hydrophobic and hydrophilic properties on separate sections.
Based on Dolomite's precision micro manufactured glass chips, the Double Emulsion Systems give the possibility for the user to choose between a one-chip method (where the output of the first chip is flown directly in the input of the second chip) or a two-chip method (where the first emulsion is collected in a recipient first, then introduced in the second chip) to generate double emulsions in a reproducible and controlled manner. The give precise control of droplet size, production frequency and volume ratios between inner and outer droplets.
A typical system includes Mitos P-Pumps providing a perfectly smooth flow of fluids, critical for successful double emulsions generation, Single and Double Chip Interfaces, and a selection of chips with channel sizes and surface coatings chosen based on the type of double emulsion that needs to be prepared.
- Highly consistent monodispersed droplets
- Precise control over inner and outer droplet sizes and production frequency
- Unique 2-chip 1-step method with two different microfluidic chips in series
- Wide range of chips enabling a variety of double emulsions
- Reliable and easy to use
- Drug delivery
- Flow cytometry (droplets for FACS-sorting libraries)
- Intermediates for preparation of micro- and nanoparticles
- Release of flavor and aroma compounds
- Encapsulation of active ingredients
Dolomite is a licensee of Japan Science and Technology Agency ("JST") under JST's microdroplet generation technology. This enables our customers to purchase and use our droplet chips for R&D purposes without any restriction from this comprehensive IP family.
- Monodispersity of droplets: extremely monodisperse (CV < 5%)
- Samples volumes: from 0.5 to 100s mL
- Chemical resistance: very high (wetted materials: PEEK, PTFE and glass)
- Pump pressure range: 0-10 bar
- Flow rate range: from 5 nL/min to >100 mL/min (depending on pressure, viscosity and flow resistance)
- Droplet generation frequency: typically up to 10 kHz for a standard system and 500 kHz for a production system (depending on reagents and droplet sizes)